[mrtg] Re: SNMP from router.

George Margiolis george_m at bigpond.net.au
Wed Dec 27 08:56:08 MET 2000

CHetan,
	this is a little general but it may get you on track.

	1. check that the SNMP daemon is running.
		There should be something in the OS manual for this device.
	2. Check for access control lists (ACL).
		Most routers will have ACL's. If an ACL is not set check if the
		device is world accessible via the "public" community.
		If ACL's are used you may need to add your host to the list
		before you will get a reply.

cheers,
georgem