[mrtg] Re: All numbers to low

Michael Votaw mvotaw at telepath.com
Tue Feb 1 22:48:06 MET 2000

Did you mean 185 kilo-packets-per-second, or 185 kilo-bits-per-second?  If
you realized a data throughput of 32 kilo-BYTES-per-second, that would
equate to 240 kilo-BITS-per-second.  Not far off from your data transfer.  I
converted all of my data displays to bits/sec instead of bytes per second.
When you hear of a T1 or ethernet, you hear 10Mbits/sec or 64kbits/sec, not
1.2Mbytes per second.  It just made more sense to me.