[mrtg] Weird MRTG/RRDTool/14all.cgi Behaviour

Jason D. Jordan guru at swami.pcguru.com.au
Wed Feb 2 02:19:47 MET 2000

Howdy,

I've started using 14all.cgi with RRDTool & MRTG.

It's a brilliant script...

I have one small problem though - and I suspect it may be related more to
MRTG/RRDTool than 14all.cgi.

I'll be recording data for some arbitrary period of time and the graphs look
as expected but then suddenly - any or all of them will start showing the
data differently.

What appears to occur is that the Y-Axis goes up into the 100mb range (peak
at 120mb)and the graph changes to show only peaks rather than showing a
constant yet varying quantity of data as expected.

This is not good as I use these tools to provide long term baselining.

I have no idea what causes this as the machine it runs on is locked away and
never used for anything else...

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jas