[mrtg] Scaling on daily graphs

Robert Gash gashalot at gashalot.com
Thu Feb 3 03:58:52 MET 2000

I currently use MRTG to monitor my Cisco 2924M-XL switch that runs our
core network, and all is well.  However, every night we run backups at
about midnight local time, and since a lot of data on the servers change
it normally affects the output quite a bit (about 20x normal output).  Is
there a way to tell MRTG to say "don't scale until X amount of traffic is
above a threshhold" that way the nightly backups don't push the scale up
where my normal data output is almost impossible to read?

I checked config.html and wasn't sure if there was a way.  Anyone know how
to do this?

-R

--
.----------------- PGP Key: `finger gashalot at gashalot.com` -----------------.