[mrtg] Re: Language & graphs

Morten S. Nielsen msn at ipt.dtu.dk
Tue Feb 8 19:13:35 MET 2000

On Tue, 8 Feb 2000, Antonio Guerrero wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Maybe a silly question, but how can I get my graphs with a specific
> language?

No it's certinaly not a silly question. The localisation only works for
the html due to the fact that gd library does not have support for loading
fonts. The default font in gd is iso-8859-2 (eastern european fonts). If
you want to use catalan on the graphs you should use iso-8859-1 (western
european) unless you are able to find the characters you need in the
iso-8859-2 (try it).

The time labels for the weekdays and the months are system specific, in
opposition to the labels for the Week and hour numbering: "Week" is
written in rateup.c and could easily be replaced. It is the function
strftime giving the which missed the locale. Maybe mrtg ought to have an
option giving the proper locale

############ So in rateup.c add:

/* among the header files */
#include <locale.h>

/* somewhere in main */
setlocale(LC_ALL,"ca_ES") /* and we hope it is installed */
                          /* I wonder how it is with NT? */

somewhere in rateup replace "Week" with the catalan word for week

############# in gd-1.7.? do
mv gdfonts.h gdfonts-East.h
mv gdfonts.c gdfonts-East.c
fstobdf -s localhost:7100 -fn fixed | bdftog  FontSmall fonts
make

You now have an iso-8859-1 for the small fonts. If you wan't special
fonts you may specify any fontstruct but fixed seems to be a good choice.

############# in mrtg-2.8.12
./configure --with-gd-lib=/where/the/gd-1.7.?/is/installed \
--with-gd-inc=/where/the/gd-1.7.?/is/installed

and type make in the mrtg-2.8.12 directory

############# in your cfg files you must set the proper legend
ylegend[target]="Catalan ¿si no?"

please note that sometimes the passing of the special characters
between mrtg and rateup messes up. I would prefer a conversion to hex
before passing and then reversion in rateup... This would also ensure that
NT does not choke on special characters.

Servicepack SR12 for NT. Available at www.linux.org

--    Morten S. Nielsen    mailto:msn at ipt.dtu.dk
--
--  |   Linux - the choice of a GNU generation   |
--  |      Skaane Sjaelland Linux User Group     |