[mrtg] Re: NT Server CPU Utilization

Stieers, Ken KStieers at dainrauscher.com
Tue Feb 8 20:44:36 MET 2000

Target[CPU]: ntperf.6.9.0&ntperf.6.9.0:public at corphub
MaxBytes[CPU]: 100
Title[CPU]: Corphub: CPU Utilization
PageTop[CPU]: <H1>CPU Utilization
 </H1>
the processors on the system are busy executing non-idle threads. On a
multi-processor system, if all processors are always busy this is 100%, if
all processors are 50% busy this is 50% and if 1/4th of the processors are
100% busy this is 25%. It can be viewed as the fraction of the time spent
doing useful work. Each processor is assigned an Idle thread in the Idle
process which consumes those unproductive processor cycles not used by any
other threads.</p>
 <TABLE>
   <TR><TD>System:</TD><TD>Corphub in 111 Server Room</TD></TR>
   <TR><TD>Maintainer:</TD><TD>Gary Tierney</TD></TR>
 </TABLE>
Options[CPU]: gauge
Unscaled[CPU]: dwmy
YLegend[CPU]: % Util
Legend1[CPU]: % CPU Utilization
Legend2[CPU]: % CPU Utilization
Legend3[CPU]: 5 minute maximum % CPU Utilization
Legend4[CPU]: 5 minute maximum % CPU Utilization
LegendI[CPU]: &nbsp;%:
LegendO[CPU]: &nbsp;%:
ShortLegend[CPU]: %

ntperf = 1.3.6.1.4.311.1.1.3.1.1   I've added it to SNMP_util.pm on my
install.

Those numbers only mean anything in my installations.  I don't use the PERFM
stuff from FTP.SHELLSERV.BAT or the stuff from http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/

The OIDS on NT change depending upon your install.

HTH,

Ken