[mrtg] only cate Max value

masTri tri at vision.net.id
Fri Feb 11 01:42:12 MET 2000

I try to make a litle script to visualize ping packet loss using mrtg. but
i have a little problem. my script print out 2 line ouput. first line is
the percentage of packet loss itself, but the second line's always 0.

actually, i only care the first line. but i dont see any mrtg setting to
show only one value (max or min). i try to make my script print out only
one line (the packet loss paercentage, i have discarded the 3 and 4 output
line, why can't i discard the 2 line and only print 1 line output
? :-). but.. mrtg comply that it's wrong.

will somebody gimme an advise ? have some of you implement packet loss
probing using mrtg ? is there any 'free' resources (script) for it ? hey,
being freebie is good for our health, so I want to use only free script
:-).

thanks,

tri