[mrtg] Re: which files to back up on mrtg

Bryan Socha byans at ugo.com
Fri Feb 11 23:43:51 MET 2000

As everyone else has said..: mrtg tree and your workdir.

Some personal differences I may have is that I run the same setup on 2
machines, so even if one dies, I have everything else generated by another
machine.  1 of my machines uses even a third computer which runs the
intranet for my company so the workdir is in the nightly backups of that
machine plus we've just added another computer to show stats to investors
and affliated compaies so there are even more backups over there...

I run on NT so I also have the exact zip of MRTG the original setup uses,
the same version of perl I am running, as well as, a copy of 98 ping stored
on a file server that is regualarly backed up.  (Can you tell we rely on
these stats?)

Bryan Socha
Network Engineer
UGO Networks, Inc.