[mrtg] Re: YMax

Justin Shore listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Sun Feb 13 00:51:08 MET 2000

Theoretically that should work.  On my modem pool pages I set
MaxBytes and AbsMax to the same value (redundant but I didn't bother
to remove that when I copied and pasted it in from another config).
Them I did an Unscaled[target] dwmy.  Theoretically it should work.
Try making AbsMax and MaxBytes be the same thing and see if that
fixes it, just for testing purposes.  If it does then there may be a
bug there.  You might as well give it dwmy too.  Its the weird things
that fix the weird problems. :-)

At 9:39 AM -0600 2/12/00, Albert Wiersch wrote:
>Thanks.. but I can't get it to work. I am using:
>MaxBytes[www.htmlvalidator.com]: 20000
>AbsMax[www.htmlvalidator.com]: 600000
>Unscaled[www.htmlvalidator.com]: d
>
>I want the top of the graph (max Y value) to show 20000 bytes at all times,
>but the actual values can go higher than 20000 and I don't want to throw
>these values out so I've included a AbsMax. Anything over 20000 bytes should
>be shown at the max on my daily graph, but the proper value (even though it
>may not be completely graphed on the daily graph) will be taken into
>consideration on the weekly and other graphs.
>
>The above just draws a horizontal dotted red line at 20000 bytes and the Y
>scale is still not fixed.
>
>Wouldn't it be logical for MRTG to just have a YMax feature for each of the
>graphs so you can fix the maximum Y value? Too bad it doesn't do this.

Probably, but that would be too easy. ;-)  Maybe it sets Y to be
MaxBytes but allows it to display higher values if they exist.
That's distinctly possible.  Maybe someone on the list knows.  Its a
logical guess at least.

Cheers
   Justin

macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu