[mrtg] update problems with 2.8.12

Meissner Sebastian-asm037 Sebastian.Meissner at motorola.com
Mon Feb 14 17:45:14 MET 2000

Hi folks!

I updated my mrtg-distribution from 2.8.6 to 2.8.12 and got
some problems.
I'm monitoring the availability (available/in use) of a fixed
numbers of modems in some dial-in servers. Since I updated
mrtg, the descriptions of all graphs in the hmtl pages are
wrong. Mrtg sometimes (not every time but most) reduces the
current and average values, for example the number of modems
is 18, average modems in use: 5, current modems in use: 10,
average modems available: 10, current modems available: 7
(added 15(17), not 18 like expected). I had a look at the
logfiles and the entrys seems to be ok (the first line shows
the right values).
Does anybody know how I can fix this mistake?

Another problem I have is an entry in the hostmib from win2000 server:

HOST-RESOURCES-MIB DEFINITIONS ::= BEGIN

IMPORTS
    DisplayString             FROM RFC1213-MIB
    TimeTicks,
    OBJECT-TYPE,
    Counter, Gauge            FROM RFC1155-SMI;

host     OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { mib-2 25 }

Does anybody know the oid for mib-2? I tried 1.3.6.1.2 but it
isn't working...

Thanks in advance

Sebastian Meißner

Sebastian Meißner