[mrtg] Re: OID's for Cisco Mem utilization

Scheidel, Greg Greg_Scheidel at ed.gov
Mon Feb 14 18:30:39 MET 2000

Check out:

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/README-MIB.txt
description of the site and how to find information on specific products

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2
SNMP version 2 mibs

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-PROCESS-MIB.my
"This MIB displays memory and CPU utilization on cisco devices. CPU
utilization will give a general idea of how busy the processor is.  The
numbers are a ratio of the current idle time over the longest idle time.
Please note that this information should be used as an estimate only."

ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-MEMORY-POOL-MIB.my
"MIB module for monitoring memory pools"

"Represents the different types of memory pools that
may be present in a managed device.  Memory pools can
be roughly categorized into two groups, predefined
pools and dynamic pools.  The following pool types
are currently predefined:
	1:  processor memory
	2:  i/o memory
	3:  pci memory
	4:  fast memory
	5:  multibus memory
	Dynamic pools will have a pool type value greater than
	any of the predefined types listed above.
	Note that only the processor pool is required to be
	supported by all devices.  Support for other pool types
	is dependent on the device being managed."

Greg S.