[mrtg] Re: empty graphs

Rob Walker rob at valinux.com
Thu Feb 17 02:32:06 MET 2000

Christopher> I guess I will try once more before I decide that MRTG
Christopher> doesn't work.  I can't believe that I am the only one
Christopher> with this problem.

mrtg does work.  we use it across well over 1000 ports.

Christopher> I used cfgmaker to make a very basic mrtg.cfg config
Christopher> file.  Everything is running without obvious errors, but
Christopher> the graphs generated are empty.  I've run out of ideas on

what do the log files have in them? are they all 0?

Christopher> what else to check.  I asked last week on this list if
Christopher> anyone had any ideas, but no one did.  Is there any
Christopher> ability in mrtg to find out *why* the graphs are empty?

mrtg will graph nothing if the data files have all zeroes in them.
without seeing your mrtg.cfg file and the .log(?) files, we can't
guess very well at your problem.

are you running mrtg by hand?  what happens when you do?

rob