[mrtg] Re: empty graphs

Christopher L. Barnard cbar44 at tsg.cbot.com
Fri Feb 18 16:47:07 MET 2000

Here is a bit more information, and I have tried several suggestions from
people on this list.  Thanks for the suggestions, but I am still getting
no output.

I have been running this as myself, from cron, every five minutes.  It
generates no errors.

I tried running it as root.  I got the same result (second through fifth
column in the log file all zeros).

This server is not the SNM monitoring station.  It is simply watched by SNM.

mozart.tsg.cbot.com (the server in question) is just a sparc 5 running Solaris
2.5.1.  I am trying to monitor usage on le0 -- what I thought was the most
basic.

I posted on Wednesday my mrtg.cfg file, but it is very short so I will include
it again:
-------
WorkDir: /home/cbar44/html/mrtg/mrtg-mozart

Target[mozart.tsg.cbot.com]: 2:public at mozart
MaxBytes[mozart.tsg.cbot.com]: 1250000
Title[mozart.tsg.cbot.com]: mozart (mozart.tsg.cbot.com): le0
PageTop[mozart.tsg.cbot.com]: <H1>Traffic Analysis for le0
  [...more html...]
-----

I copied mrtg and the rest of the run/ subdirectory from where it lives to
/tmp for debugging purposes, and turned on the DEBUG flag in mrtg.  I edited
mrtg to change

    $main::DEBUG=0;
    $main::DEBUG=1;

I don't see anything informative here, but I am including the (very short)
debug output here in case someone else sees something.
------
186 mozart!/tmp/mrtg >> ./mrtg.debug mrtg.cfg
Reading ifDescs from mrtg.ok ...
getting SNMP variables for target: 2:public at mozart
snmpget: ifInOctets.2 ifOutOctets.2 mozart public
2:public at mozart --> in: 0  out: 0  name: mozart
Writing ifDescs to mrtg.ok ...
getcurrent: rcfg target router mozart.tsg.cbot.com = $$target{'2:public at mozart'}{$mode}
inlast 0 outlast 0 uptime 9 days, 6:05:19 name mozart time 950887826
writegraphics: inlast 0 outlast 0
EXEC: .//rateup /tmp/ mozart.tsg.cbot.com 950887826 -Z u 0 0 1250000 c #00cc00 #0000ff #006600 #ff00ff k 1000 i mozart.tsg.cbot.com-day.png -1250000 -1250000 400 100 1 1 0 300 0 4 1
-----

Christopher