[mrtg] Re: snmpwalk wont connect...??

Justin Shore listuser at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
Fri Feb 18 21:25:48 MET 2000

At 9:52 AM -0600 2/18/00, Duane Cox wrote:
>help?!?
>
>I can't snmpwalk to gather info from a host (ascend max 6000)
>the community is public (i know, i will change this later), and i
>have the ip address allowed in the read host
>but if i snmpwalk ip.ip.ip.ip public, i get a snmpwalk timed out..
>whats up with that?  what else could there be?  i know this isn't that hard

That's what happens when the community string is incorrect or SNMP
management isn't turned on.  Double check both.  Our crummy
Computones require a restart to change the community strings (just
about anything else too for that matter, POS).  You might try that if
all else fails.

Justin

--
Justin Shore
K-State Linux Distro Mirror, Sysadmin
macdaddy at vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu
<http://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/mirror/rpm2html>
<ftp://vinnie.ksu.ksu.edu/pub/mirror/linux>