[mrtg] Resources required to use rrdtool

MILIND BAJEKAL milind at Rolta.com
Thu Feb 24 03:43:44 MET 2000

Hi,

We have downloaded rrdtool (rrdtool-1.0.13.x86distr.zip) and
(rrdtool-1.0.13.tar.gz). They seem to be different. We are using MRTG on
Windows NT (with Service pack 4).

We have unzipped both the zip files.

My question is in order to use the rrdtool with MRTG, do we need a C
complier? Initially we just want to convert the .log file of MRTG to rrd.

If we need to compile 'something', is there a workaround (say a readily
available free binary) besides the rrdtool.exe supplied with the zip file,
so we can just use 'it' to convert log file to rrd.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Milind