[mrtg] Re: Is MRTG accurate?

mbreton at geiger.com mbreton at geiger.com
Thu Feb 24 21:55:41 MET 2000

I would be willing to wager that the statistics you are seeing relate to how
many jobs have been processed in memory, and not how many the engine has
printed.

Michael

"Jacek Zabicki" <jzabicki at equifax.ca> on 02/24/2000 03:11:02 PM

 To:      mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch

 cc:      (bcc: Michael Breton/Geiger)

 Subject: [mrtg] Is MRTG accurate?

I monitor pagas per minute printed on two printers using withpeak option.
Maximum ppm on yearly graph is 29 for HP 3Si and 17 ppm for HP 4. The
problem is that those printers can not print at this speed, there is no way
they will print more then 24 and 16 ppm respectively, this is their hardware
limitation. Shuld I trust MRTG?