[mrtg] RunAsDaemon and Polling Intervals

Jason Frisvold Jason.Frisvold at corp.ptd.net
Thu Feb 24 22:26:13 MET 2000

I started playing with version 2.8.12 today and I'm very interested in this
RunAsDaemon option.  However, whenever I try running it, I wind up with it
spitting back "Warning data collection did not complete within interval!"
...  Does this do a calculation of how long it took that particular query to
that router to return and compare it to the # of entries in the config file?
When this is first run, does the 5 minutes start with the compilation of the
config file or with the first query? (in other words, when does the Daemon
start timing the mrtg runs?)

Any idea of how many routers average can be put into a config file before
you need to increase the polling interval?

Jason H. Frisvold
Head ATM Engineer
Engineering Dept.
Penteledata