[mrtg] MRTG v2.8.12 - cfgmaker_ip

Brett Sauer brett at wamnet.com
Fri Feb 25 21:44:42 MET 2000

Hello.

I am trying to target router interfaces via IP, rather than I/F index.
I am unable to produce any useful results from running cfgmaker_ip.  The
barest way I've tried running it is:

./cfgmaker_ip -i somecommunity at someip >test.cfg

which spits out the following to standard out:

Got Addresses
Got IfTable

and produces the file, test.cfg, containing only the following four
lines (edited to match the generic command-line arg):

# cfgmaker was run with args: -i somecommunity at someip
# Add a WorkDir: /some/path line to this file

Am I using cfgmaker_ip improperly, or is it not functional in v2.8.12?
The regular cfgmaker that comes with the version does not include such
functionality, correct?

Thanks much.

Brett

--
Brett Sauer                     Network Services
cell/pgr:(612)889-6397          WAM!NET Inc.