[mrtg] Re: MRTG2.7.5 on NT

Graeme Fowler G.E.Fowler at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jan 6 11:42:21 MET 2000

On 06-Jan-2000 Alf Hardy wrote:
> In some cases when I reload the page the changes are not immediately
> reflected. It is sometimes necessary to wait several minutes to see
> the changes implemented.
>
> Does any one know any reason why this is happening? And secondly, how
> to overcome it such that all changes can be view once the page has
> been reloaded.

If you're running MRTG from cron (as you should be :) then the changes
in the HTML will only take place the next time MRTG runs. If that is
4:49 (m:ss) after you finish editing the file, you won't see it until
then. If you want to see changes immediately then do the following:

Edit .cfg file
line.

[disclaimer: I'm assuming you're running MRTG on a Unix/Linux box]

When it's finished, look at the resulting HTML and voila! Your changes
will be there. Note though that the long-term (daily/monthly/yearly)
graphs aren't updated on every run - they take longer to collate data
for so will remain the same until they're regenerated.

HTH

Graeme