[mrtg] Mrtg/rateup error code[s]. (install problem?)

R Dostick dostick at usa.net
Fri Jan 7 17:06:03 MET 2000

Hello,

I've tried everything, install 3 diffrent versions of MRTG,
3 diffrent versions of gd and libgd, 2 diffrent smnp daemons,
all combinations of diffrent versions. I reinstalled about everything, except
linux itself, but I still get the SAME error message at the end:

PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 4
with Exit Value 0 when doing router 'boom'
code was 132, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
you should probably investigate the cause. :-)

well I spent a week investigating that, and haven't got any close.
What is "signal 4" ?
what is error core 132 ?
I searched internet, dejanews.. any sources I know, but
didn't find any reference.
Is it something that missing from MRTG documentation ?

And there's weird issue with MRTG.
IT says it require libgd.so.0
The problem is that libgd.so.0 doesnt exist anymore, or anywhere in internet.
there is libgd.so.1 avilable, but that doesnt seem to work with mrtg.[?]

IF you try just install it using rpms, seems like it will never work anyway.
The fresh redhat installation, all libs are there, everything is fine.
Mrtg says it need libgd.so.0. and RH have libgd.so.1.
I tried linking libgd.so.1 to libgd.so.0. it works but with same error
mesage.
Compiling sources for mrtg and diffrent versions of libgd, and still get same
error message.

Redhat 6.1,
smnp tested and working fine with smnpwalk.
dumb operator.

Regards,
Roman.