[mrtg] Re: Temperature monitoring

Stieers, Ken KStieers at dainrauscher.com
Tue Jan 11 14:29:15 MET 2000

Gerald,

That depends upong what you mean by "correct information in the MIB table".
If you mean how do you find the object identifier (OID) for the temp on a
RS6000, you need to look at the mib file and find it.  If you don't know how
to read a mib, you should still browse it and find the name of the variable
you are looking for.  Then you use the LoadMibs option in MRTG to load the
MIB, put the name you found in the target line, and MRTG will figure out the
OID for you.  You do need to look at the top of the MIB file in question and
have the MIBS that this one depends on handy, in case they aren't standard
ones that MRTG knows OIDs for.

HTH,

Ken