[mrtg] Re: OIDS for linux

Joey Officer jofficer at insidehouston.org
Tue Jan 18 16:15:47 MET 2000

<rant>
first of all everyone who is joining the mrtg list should first consult the
archives.  Linux OIDs/MIBs have been discussed thoroughly, with examples,
and even quite a few problems that have been solved.
</rant>

Now, the one thing that you need to determine is which SNMPd you are
running, The two most common packages are CMU and UCD.  first find this,
then under the linux shell, 'locate mib'  you can parse the files listed,
and load those into MRTG.  The main one for CMU is tubs-linux.mib

Joey Officer
Systems Analysts
Quality Publishing, Inc.
281-362-7141 x106 -Work
jofficer at insidehouston.org

| no matter where you go, there you are |
|          --buckaroo banzai            |