[mrtg] Forecasting

Daniel Curry dcurry at dollar.com
Fri Jan 21 20:42:13 MET 2000

Does anyone know of a way to use the MRTG data to forecast or predict
what a cahrt will look like on a future date?  I am tracking disk
storage volumes, and am ttrying to find a way to predict when a
partition will need to be supplemented with new disks.  I can look at
the charts and guess that we will need a disk on a particular partition
with in 60 days if th etren dcontinues, but management would be much
happier to get in a report generated by the monitor system.

Thanks for any ideas.

Daniel Curry