[mrtg] Re: Combining Graphs

Mike Starkweather mstark at primary.net
Sat Jan 22 05:12:17 MET 2000

Well, I guess you could write a script to do the polling and then format the
individual files for MRTG the way you want them.  Read up on external files
in the Target statement.  Poll the box once, put out individual files per
device and add them to get the overall figure.  I have been doing this for
more than a year on a pool of 22 Shiva devices.

I'm not sure how you would handle the case of the missing devices (down for
maintenance).  Maybe some smart polling routine that, once it senses a dead
device only tries it once an hour or so.  You want to avoid manual
configuration changes if at all possible.

Mike Starkweather