[mrtg] Re: # of hosts on the network

Henry Steinhauer H1STEINH at hewitt.com
Tue Jan 25 00:56:02 MET 2000

For TCP/IP there is a MIB value for the number of established sessions

This might be used for your needs.

It is under oid  -    1.3.6.1.2.1.6.9.0

Henry

From: Levente Nagy <levinet at euroweb.hu> on 01/24/2000 01:42 PM

To:   mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch
cc:
Client:
Subject:  [mrtg] # of hosts on the network

Hello all,

To schedule network maintenance easier and more userfriendly I decided to
collect some data on the hosts connected to my (switched) network.
My idea is very simple and I guess the idea is not mine either.
I would like to have graphial statistics via MRTG collected from our
Catalyst 5000's (and a 6000) on the number of
connected/notconnected pors. Is there an easy and simple way to
make it?
I found one similar solution on MRTG's website but that is based on a UNIX
server and its finger so that is no good for me.

Anyone "wearing the same pair of shoes"? - as we say in Hungarian.

Thx,
Levente