[mrtg] CMU-SNMP for Linux

Aaron Smith asmith at ingetech.com
Wed Jan 26 23:34:35 MET 2000

	I have a number of servers running RedHat linux and
cmu-snmp version 3.7.  I'd like to be able to monitor memory
usage on these machines but would like to account for memory
that is being taken up by buffers and/or cached.  I've found
a OID in the MIB that comes with cmu-snmp v3.7 that reports
the total memory used, but can't seem to find one to obtain
the amount in buffers or cache so that I can remove this amount
from the total memory used and end up with just the amount of memory
actually in use by the system.  Any Ideas?

Aaron Smith, Systems Administrator		asmith at aeneid.com
Aeneid Corporation, EoMonitor Division		616.381.9889
(Formerly Ingenius Technologies)		http://www.eomonitor.com
3506 Lovers Lane, Second Floor			Kalamazoo, MI 49001