[mrtg] Referencing interfaces on Cisco's

Jason Frisvold Jason.Frisvold at corp.ptd.net
Tue Jul 4 09:18:52 MEST 2000

Hi all,

	I have a need to manually create the .cfg files for mrtg.  I have a
full scripting system built for this purpose and it works great for ATM
switches and with routers provided it calls the cfgmaker program.  I will be
adding threshold checking in the next few days and because of this, I need
to create the .cfg files for the routers without the aid of cfgmaker.  How
do I reference the interface back to a number (eg. 4:foo at bar.com) so that
MRTG can properly retrieve the stats on that port.  For instance, is every
Ethernet0 mapped automatically to 3?  Is it per router type?  (ie. 7200 vs
4500)  Or is it by some sort of algorithm?  Any help on this would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason H. Frisvold
Head ATM Engineer