[mrtg] Problem

Timothy Finkenstadt timothy at aloha.webkahuna.com
Thu Jul 13 17:14:16 MEST 2000

Hello, folks,

Working sys:  HPUX 10.20 on 9000/715 (MRTG 2.8.11)

System info:  p5-150 running RedHat 6.2 (stock install) with 64 meg RAM.
and           p5-150 running SUSE 6.3 (stock install) with 128 meg RAM.
MRTG version: 2.8.12 and 2.9.0pre5

The linux servers run nothing but MRTG.  Everything being polled is a
cisco router/switch.

I've been working on this for about a week or so and have not had any
luck resolving the following issue:

All of my bandwidth logfiles look like this:

963500301 764551992 807335980
963500301 286498 125908 286498 125908
963499998 286498 125908 286498 125908
963499800 286498 125908 286498 125908
963499500 286498 125908 286498 125908
963499200 286498 125908 286498 125908
963498900 286498 125908 286498 125908
963498600 286498 125908 286498 125908
963498300 286498 125908 286498 125908
963498000 286498 125908 286498 125908

So it looks like the link is dead, but that's not the case.  Either that or
my HPUX/MRTG system is lying to me.

However, my CPU logfiles appear to be working correctly:

963500312 24 24
963500312 24 24 24 24
963500009 21 21 21 21
963499800 21 21 22 22
963499500 23 23 24 24
963499200 24 24 25 25
963498900 24 24 25 25
963498600 25 25 26 26
963498300 25 25 26 26
963498000 23 23 25 25

These were imported from an HPUX system to a linux system.  The
HPUX/MRTG system has continued to function normally.  I've tried to get this
working with 2.8.12 and 2.9.0pre5 and neither work.

I can provide further information if needed.

Thanks in advance,

Tim