[mrtg] graph 7206 VPN user count

Enerson, Marty menerso at bigcharts.com
Wed Jul 19 17:13:29 MEST 2000

I am trying to graph a chart of users logged into the Cisco 7206 which we
are using as a VPN gateway.  If I do a "sh users" it will show all the
current users logged in as a "Vi#" which I guess is a virtual interface.

I have looked through Cisco's site, looked through old MRTG lists to no
avail.  I am just learning OID's how to use them.  The problem is how do I
find the correct OID?  Descriptions are not always clear.  I do an snmpwalk
against the router which shows me everything, but none of if seems to
corrolate to users logged in.

If someone has done this, let me know your cfg.  I will be setting up the
same thing against a Cisco 3640 dial-in setup.

Help me if you can.... I am starting to see everything as an OID!!!!

Marty Enerson
Network Administrator
CBS MarketWatch.com
menerso at marketwatch.com

phone: 612-752-1150 | mobile: 612-308-4624

www.cbs.marketwatch.com
www.bigcharts.com