[mrtg] Re: Cisco DS3 Multichannel.

Bill Nash billn at globalcenter.net
Fri Jul 21 01:03:22 MEST 2000

Cisco presents each separately configured Serial interface under a
channelized DS3 as a separate interface, with it's own ifIndex. From an
SNMP perspective, it looks just like any other interface. Keep in mind
that changes to the hardware configuration become more delicate, as you
increase port density. An OIR inserted MCT3 card will cause a dramtic
shift in ifIndices the next time the unit is power cycled.

 Bill Nash (BN561)	| "Son, I don't care if it's an Intel chip in
 Global Crossing	| her pacemaker, stop trying to page fault your
 NSM - Engineering	| grandmother."