[mrtg] Re: Threshold question

Garth K. Williams garth.williams at home.com
Wed Jul 26 05:03:03 MEST 2000

If you check out out http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/threshld.htm, you will
seen an example of threshold monitoring using MRTG on Windows NT.  You will
need to address the problem that a message is sent every 5 minutes.  I have
been using a batch file that generates (touches) a file and checks for its
presence.  After 5 minutes the file is deleted, and the email can be sent
again.  Otherwise the message will not be sent.  Variations on this theme
will work as well.

Garth

Garth K. Williams - Systems Engineer (MCSE, MCP+I, CNA)
Mailto: garth.williams at wtcs.org

Web: http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc