[mrtg] Problems with MRTG on W2K

Sean Kelly smkelly at creighton.edu
Thu Jul 27 03:19:21 MEST 2000

I am trying to use MRTG on WindowS 2000 to monitor traffic and various
other things on multiple hosts, switches, etc.  I am having a small
problem doing this though.  In my MRTG config files, it works smoothly
if all the targets are for the same host, but if there are targets in
a single file for different hosts, I get errors such as:

SNMP Error:
close: Bad file descriptor
SNMPv1_Session (remote host: "hostname" [10.0.0.1].161
                  community: "public"
                 request ID: 712135846
                PDU bufsize: 8000 bytes
                    timeout: 2s
                    retries: 5
                    backoff: 1)

Using www.deja.com/usenet/, I was able to find another person report this
such problem, but I saw no solution.  Currently, I'm not sure where to
go from here, as I don't know exactly what is causing the error.  I'd
appreciate any hints or suggestiosn anybody could give, as I"d like to
get this setup and running.

--
| Sean Kelly |        e-mail:        |
|            | smkelly at creighton.edu |