[mrtg] Re: OT Anyone know of a syslog package for NT

Andrew awd at awd.aust.to
Tue Jun 13 13:58:26 MEST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Young" <byoung at europe.chep.com>
To: <mrtg at list.ee.ethz.ch>
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2000 5:42 PM
Subject: [mrtg] Anyone know of a syslog package for NT

> Does anyone know of a package to run a "syslog" under NT.  I would
> like to log all our Cisco router changes/messages to a syslog host,
> but unfortunately we have no native Unix system available.

get a 486 and wack linux on it, its just as good as unix and is cheap!!

you could try
http://www.cls.de/syslog/eindex.htm

also the event log is supposed to be able to handle it as long as you
send it the right commands (apparently 95% of the unix commands work)
got no idea how to set that up. may have to do some RTFMing :)

cya
Andrew