[mrtg] Why 'No hostname defined...'?

Paul C. Williamson pwilliamson at MANDTBANK.COM
Wed Jun 14 15:00:49 MEST 2000

Hi all,

I have looked through cfgmaker and all documentation, but I can't figure this out.  I am running cfgmaker against a Cisco router and get this header in the IP field:

IP: No hostname defined for IP address (10.7.1.252)

Where is it looking for the hostname?  It comes up with the following information:

System: chili0017 in

I understand that I'm missing another field here (the location), but I know where to put that.  I figured the hostname would be the chili0017.  Any help offered is greatly appreciated.

Paul Williamson
Manager of EMS
M&T Bank Corporation