[mrtg] Re: How do I autostart mrtg 2.8.12?

Duane Beck dbeck at legendent.com
Wed Mar 1 17:55:43 MET 2000

You probably want to run MRTG using the Scheduler, or as a system service.
Putting it in the Startup folder will only run it while you are logged in to
the server.
If you run MRTG as a service, you need to make sure that either all the
files and folders it will access are on the local machine, or the service is
configured to run as an account that has the "Log in as a service" right,
read rights to the WinNT folder, the Perl folder, and the MRTG folder, and
write rights to the folder where the graphs, logs, and html files are
stored.

The Win NT MRTG guide is here.
http://ee-staff.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/mrtg/nt-guide.html

Duane Beck
"All out of doors looked darkly in at him
Through the thin frost, almost in separate stars,
That gathers on the pane in empty rooms."
-- Robert Frost