[mrtg] Re: Length of targetline

Paul D. Walker II pwalker at moody.edu
Thu Mar 2 18:24:23 MET 2000

Nicolai,

I am not sure what kind of switches you are using, but if your switches
support VLANs, you can possibly use them to aggregate your interfaces.  On
my HP ProCurve switches they have one VLAN always enabled which all
interfaces are included in.  This allows me to do something like what you
are asking.,

Paul

At 03:05 PM 2/23/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi there
>
>I'm wondering if there are any limitations to how many ports that can be
>included in an algebraric expression?
>
>I.e. 16 ports switch : total bandwith use
>
>Target[krydsfelt0.total]: 1:public at krydsfelt0 + 2:public at krydsfelt0 +
>3:public at krydsfelt0 + 4:public at krydsfelt0 + 5:public at krydsfelt0 +
>6:public at krydsfelt0 + 7:public at krydsfelt0 + 8:public at krydsfelt0 +
>9:public at krydsfelt0 + 10:public at krydsfelt0 + 11:public at krydsfelt0 +
>12:public at krydsfelt0 + 13:public at krydsfelt0 + 14:public at krydsfelt0 +
>15:public at krydsfelt0 + 16:public at krydsfelt0
>
>But now I'm thinking about an expression much longer, because of specified
>OID's and 3 times as many ports...
>
>Will the line be cut short or are there no limits?
>
>Regards
>         Nicolai hanssing
>
>--

Paul D. Walker II                          Voice:  312/329-4392
Network & System Support Manager           Fax:    312/329-8961
Moody Bible Institute                      e-mail: pwalker at moody.edu
820 North LaSalle Blvd.                    Web:    http://www.moody.edu
Chicago, IL  60610                         UNIX Rules!!