[mrtg] Re: Using an external program as a target

Roosenraad, Chris Croosenraad at hsacorp.net
Mon Mar 6 17:14:44 MET 2000

Cam (et al),

You might want to check out a program called "clease.pl".  It was written
several years ago by John Kemp (kemp at ns.uoregon.edu), and it takes a
dhcpd.leases file and parses it, returning just about any kind of data you
can think of.

I have another perl program that I call it with, parse the response, compare
to the /etc/dhcpd.conf file, and returns

# addresses in use
# addresses available (from dhcpd.conf file)
system uptime
hostname

also runs through an ssh tunnel to gather data off remote systems (if
they're configured for it).  If you'll like, I can post the program...but
its only 30 or so lines of PERL.

The important part is the clease program.  Not quite sure where to find it,
I was given it by a collegue.  But its great, and I'd strongly recommend it.

If folks can't find it (clease.pl, that is), let me know and I'll post it on
one of our servers for you to download.

Chris R. Roosenraad
HSA Corp
http://www.hsacorp.net