[mrtg] Re: Using an external program as a target

Paul D. Walker II pwalker at moody.edu
Mon Mar 6 17:39:16 MET 2000

The config.txt is where I got the information to ask my question.  Lines 1
& 2 were obvious to me, 3 & 4 weren't (especially for what I was doing).

Consensus from the list says that the last two lines are what provide
information for the statement:

"The statistics were last updated Monday, 6 March 2000 at 10:32 ,at which
time 'SCU00-8000A' had been up for 63 days, 0:21:33."

Furthermore, the "Options[...]: noinfo" will cause the target name and
uptime to be supressed.

Thanks for the info and my apologies to those I offended ...

Paul

At 09:20 AM 3/6/00 -0600, Stieers, Ken wrote:
>Check the config.html file for the section on Targets.  Its there....
>
>Ken
>
> > What does MRTG use the third and fourth lines of input from
> > an external
> > program target for. I was just tinkering around and got MRTG
> > to plot active
> > ports in a residence hall, but was only sending MRTG the "input" and
> > "output" values then EOF. No lines for uptime or name of device were
> > provided.  The plot is doing what I want right now, so if I
> > am not missing
> > anything, I am not going to change it.
>
>--

Paul D. Walker II                          Voice:  312/329-4392
Network & System Support Manager           Fax:    312/329-8961
Moody Bible Institute                      e-mail: pwalker at moody.edu
820 North LaSalle Blvd.                    Web:    http://www.moody.edu
Chicago, IL  60610                         UNIX Rules!!