[mrtg] Re: High Speed If Cisco Mibs Was Re: Help--MRTG Graphing

Jérémy Lacroix jeremy at fr.uu.net
Tue Mar 7 18:05:21 MET 2000

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, Graeme Fowler wrote:

> On 07-Mar-2000 Jérémy Lacroix wrote:
> > The quick and dirty manner to fix the issue is...
>
> ...to sample at a frequency higher than every five minutes. If you can
> be sure that you are hitting a counter limitation (almost certainly in
> this case!) then change the sample rate to two minutes or even one;
> I've had to do this before to keep consistent graphs.

Can't do it for the moment there's too much interfaces on one router (it's
taking more than 1'57" to grab snmp on one router and i've around 200
router to grab with 30 interfaces on each), Think about 10 GB/s
interfaces....
However i'll try to reduce the polling which will let me some time to
understand what is the exact mechanism in the Cisco OID (OID coded on 24
bits, with 2 bits reserved when the numer of bits is over 0,11.10^9 in
5 minutes OR two different OID ?)

Jeremy Lacroix, Exploit. UUNET MCI-WCOM
http://www.fr.uu.net -- mailto:jeremy at fr.uu.net
My other cat is a Jaguar.