[mrtg] Re: Multiple routers

Congdon, Christopher CCongdon at WorkNET.net
Wed Mar 8 21:49:17 MET 2000

The way I did it was fairly easy...

Each router I wanted to monitor, I built a cfg file for. But,
in the command to setup cfgmaker, instead of using mrtg.cfg,
I used router_name.cfg (ie rtr01a.cfg).

You then need to edit the mrtgkick.bat file (I *think* that was
the name...) Of course, I'm assuming you're running under NT.
In mrtgkick.bat there should be a line that runs mrrg with the
option of mrtg.cfg. Change mrtg.cfg to router_name.cfg.
Add a new line for each different .cfg you've built, just
changing the name of the .cfg file.

Your alternative is to append each new .cfg file to a master
.cfg file. In order not to overwrite your main mrtg.cfg file,
when use use cfgmaker, change the name to temp.cfg. Then just
append temp.cfg to mrtg.cfg.

Christopher