[mrtg] Re: Cisco DS3 sub-interface monitoring

Rob Walker rob at valinux.com
Fri Mar 10 16:57:56 MET 2000

kyle> Please check your version of IOS.  If it is not 11.x or better
kyle> I'm not sure the system will allow you to pull sub-interfaces
kyle> via SNMP.  We are running several DS3's with 200+ subinterfaces
kyle> on many 7507's and they are reporting just fine (used the
kyle> standard CFGMAKER).

Kyle,

Thank you for your report of getting subinterface counters.  That is
encouraging to me.  Do you know if you can get subinterface counters
off of FastEthernet interfaces?  "sh int" doesn't show packet counters
for subinterfaces.

rob