[mrtg] Cisco Gigabit Ethernet

Neil Calvert ncalvert at cabletron.com
Mon Mar 13 20:35:58 MET 2000

Hi all,

Anyone had any success with MRTG and graphing Gigabit ethernet off of
Cisco devices? I understand that for these sorts of high speed
interfaces SNMPv1 won't cut it. I am unwilling to roll out RRDTool for
one device (everything else is fine) so I'm trying to see if MRTG can be
persuaded. Would it be feasible to create a script polling the Cisco
SNMPV2 counters and feed that data into MRTG? If so, what would be the
correct options settings, and does anyone have a list of the Cisco
SNMPV2 traffic counter OIDs...?

thanks for any feedback

Neil