[mrtg] Re: Can we merge two graphs together and add their total bandwidth usage together in

Jay Hennigan jay at west.net
Tue Mar 14 07:35:14 MET 2000

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Edmund Li wrote:

> There is a special needs from our router configuration. We have two links to
> a same site and We would like to merge two graphs together and get a total
> bandwidth of two graphs. Is there any way to do this in MRTG?
>
> The exising one: display serial0 on one group and display serial1 on one
> group, we would like to display a single group (Combin serial0 and serial1
> usage on one graph).

Target[some-text-string]: 1:community at router + 2:community at router
MaxBytes[some-text-string]: <some number>
Options[some-text-string]: <whatever>
Title[some-text-string]: Sum of interface 1 and 2
PageTop[some-text-string] <blah blah, etc...>

Replace "1:community at router" and "2:community at router" with the actual
interface numbers from the individual mrtg.cfg entries, sum the two for
your MaxBytes, etc.

You're not limited to just two, and most arithmetic operators can be
used, as well as constants.

Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  jay at west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/
WestNet:  Connecting you to the planet.  805 884-6323