[mrtg] compiling rateup for nt, part ii

Michael_Galoppo at haygroup.com Michael_Galoppo at haygroup.com
Fri Mar 17 21:08:52 MET 2000

hi again,

if anyone has successfully compiled rateup on/for a windows NT machine, could
you please send me the steps you took to do it (what compiler & version you
used, which versions of which required libraries, any strange things you ran
into along the way, that kind of thing)?

when i run rateup.exe (the one i compiled myself) without parameters, i get the
same usage message as i get with the pre-compiled version (so far so good);
however, when i run the rateup that i compiled myself, with a viable set of
parameters (parameters stolen from debug output and which work fine with the
precompiled rateup.exe), i get "The system cannot execute the specified
program".  if anyone has had a similar experience (and hopefully resolved it),
can you give me any clues?

if you're interested, here is what i did:

- downloaded mrtg v2.8.11 with pre-compiled rateup for windows (this ran fine)
- decided i wanted to be able to play with the rateup source and recompile it
when i want
- downloaded and installed djgcc
- downloaded and compiled zlib v1.1.3
- downloaded and compiled libpng v1.0.5
- downloaded and compiled gd v1.7.3
- compiled rateup.c (having made NO changes to the source) with the following
command line...

gcc rateup.c -I/apps/djgpp/include -L/apps/djgpp/lib -lm -lgd -lpng -lz -o
rateup

- i (eventually) received no error messages in any of these steps, but rateup
fails to run (see error message above)

thanks...mike