[mrtg] Re: lockfile messages?

Daniel R. Kilbourne daniel.kilbourne at voyager.net
Tue Mar 21 21:53:28 MET 2000

your cronjob is most likely taking longer than 5 minutes to complete,
therefore mrtg is trying to run a new process while the old process is
still active. I'd recommend either chopping up your config into 2 smaller
ones or checking out any latency issues

At 03:14 PM 3/21/2000 -0500, Dan Swartzendruber wrote:

>I just installed the 2.8.8-1 RPM on mandrake 6.1 (similar to redhat 6.1)
>linux.  Apparently, every time the job runs out of the crontab, I get the
>following:
>
>ERROR: I guess another mrtg is running. A lockfile (./mrtg.cfg_l) aged
>1 seconds is hanging around. If you are sure that no other mrtg
>is running you can remove the lockfile
>
>This is kind of mystifying, since I have proved (I think) that cron is
>working okay.  I put a
>'echo xxx | mail dswartz' into the script that cron runs, and I only see
>it once per invocation of mrtg, so...
>

>--

Daniel R. Kilbourne
Voyager.net | Network Engineer