[mrtg] User defined target multiplier option

Meisner, Jeff D MEISNEDJ at aramco.com.sa
Wed Mar 22 06:26:32 MET 2000

Here is an interesting question and maybe it could be integrated into the
next release.

Under options there is the "bits" modifier that will convert the data
collected by MRTG from bytes to bits (multiple by 8).   I am wondering if
there is a way to add a multiplier that can be user defined.  The reason I
am asking is that I have been collecting data on ATM links in cells/s for a
long time.  Now I wish to convert to bits/sec but do not want to lose the
previous collected data.

I can use multipliers in the target but this will make the previously
collected data useless and meaningless..

Just thinking out loud.....