[mrtg] Help? prt #2

M.Giles senectus at emerge.net.au
Thu Mar 23 16:39:14 MET 2000

23/03/00 11:31:58 PM
Ok Larry Sheldon has suggested that I re-phrase the question as the first time I didn't give enough info.. so
here goes :
The machine I am trying to run this on is my own redhat 6.0 net server (8pc 's sharing the 56k modem )

Alan M Claase suggested I do this : snmpwalk 192.168.100.1 public system
I did that and got this error : Timeout: No Response from 192.168.100.1
What does this mean?

I have throwen myself into the deep end and am trying to teach myself as much as I can about linux. This
method works for me as I learn from my mistakes (most times :-) But please bare with me as there is only so
much you can learn from HOWTO's and MAN files (bloody hard to read things..)
Thank you for your help and time.
Marcus Giles