[mrtg] Re: Please help

Daniel R. Kilbourne daniel.kilbourne at voyager.net
Fri Mar 24 15:27:26 MET 2000

Are you in luck :)

PM2:

Title[pm2]: PM2 Modem Usage
PageTop[pm2]: Modem Usage
Target[pm2]: 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1.0&1.3.6.1.2.1.2.1.0:string at pm2 -1
Maxbytes[pm2]: (# of modems you have)
ShortLegend[pm2]: Modems
YLegend[pm2]: Total Modems
Legend1[pm2]: Modems in Use
Legend2[pm2]: Modems in Use
Options[pm2]: absolute, gauge
Unscaled[pm2]: dwmy

the '-1' is very important, as for PM2 and PM3 this OID will include the
ether port as usage, so you need to subtract it for accuracy

now, what exactly do you need for NT? If you get the snmp service running
on the NT box, just run cfgmaker and it should pick up the ether port

HTH

At 04:06 AM 3/24/2000 -0800, Asim Moin wrote:
>I have recently configured MRTG on linux and i need some help in order to
>monitor windows NT4.0's ethernet interface which i'm using it as a
>webserver and one more thing if any person outa there who knows or have
>any idea of configuring it to monitor livingston  portmaster 2m. Please do
>consider it as an emergency as I'm going thru some crisis and if I don't
>do this assignment in a week i'll get fired.

Daniel R. Kilbourne
Voyager.net | Network Engineer
daniel.kilbourne at voyager.net
http://voyager.net