[mrtg] RunAsDaemon and target down

Jesper Tim Jacobsen tim at jesper.dk
Sun Mar 26 10:41:21 MEST 2000

Hi MRTG!

This post is regarding RunAsDaemon on Windows NT
with MRTG 2.8.12.

Is it correct behavior that the real interval doesn’t match
up with the chosen interval in the cfg file when a target
is unavailable/down and RunAsDaemon is specified in
the cfg-file?

When a number of my targets "takes a vacation", MRTG
use a lot of time waiting for a response. If I check the
timestamp on the output html files, I see that the interval
is 6-7 minutes instead of the 5 minutes.

I known that I can adjust the retries and timeout counters,
but...

Best regards
Jesper Tim Jacobsen