[mrtg] Re: mrtg on a Cobalt Raq2

Jim Troutman jlt at pivot.net
Sun Mar 26 21:54:18 MEST 2000

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Ariel Manzur wrote:

> Hi..
>
> I've intalled MRTG on a CobaltRaQ2, the server is running SNMP, so I used
> cfgmaker like this:
>
> cfgmaker public at localhost>/etc/mrtg.conf
>
> And I get an error (when I run mrtg):
>
> --
> PROBLEM: rateup died from Signal 0
>  with Exit Value 127 when doing router 'anime.com.ar'
>  code was 32512, retcode was . If this happens all the time,
>  you should probably investigate the cause. :-)
> --
>
> Any sugestions? has anyone got mrtg to run on a CobaltRaQ2? (the router of
> the server doesn't have a public comunity, so I have to use localhost..)

I have setup MRTG without any problems on Cobalt RaQ2s -- you do have get
the needed libraries (gd, libpng) that are not on the Cobalt box in order
to compile it.  I know that mrtg-2.8.8 and mrtg-2.8.12 both work.

>From your command line show, you are running cfgmaker against the RaQ2
itself.  Is this what you want?  Is the snmpd daemon running?

I just tried this myself on a RaQ2, without any errors.

--
James Troutman, Troutman & Associates - telecommunications consulting
93 Main Street, Waterville, Maine 04901 - 207-861-7067